Cure Your Slice using Your Left Hand
Please see How to Fix Your Slice completely first.
Today, I would like to talk about how you can use your left hand to cure your slice.
I have told you that you have to change your grip in order to cure your slice completely. But it might take a while before you start hitting it straighter because your body still remembers old habits.
Here is the drill to teach you how to use your left arm. To hit the ball straight or draw it, you need to turn the face over.
Your left arm rotates through impact to close the clubface. To learn how you rotate your left arm, try the following. This drill will let you hit a strong draw shot. You don't need the club for this drill.
1) Take your address position without a club. Put your right hand at your waist
2) Grip a golf ball (hold the ball) with your left hand
3) Swing back using only left arm
4) When your left arm is parallel with the ground, your left thumb should be straight up in the air
5) Swing down and stop when you left hand is at waist height
Now, open your left hand. If the ball drops to the ground, you are going to hit a slice.
So try not to drop your ball at this position. To do that, try to make sure that your left palm faces the sky when your left hand reaches waist height on the downswing.
When you swing with your club to hit the ball, try to recreate that feeling. If you do it correctly, you will be able to rotate your left arm on the downswing and cure your slice.
- Fat Shots
- Fairway Woods
- Long Iron
- Short Iron
- Pull / Push
- Shots from Rough
- Fairway Bunker